Wednesday, May 22, 2013

It's not delivery...

Oh pizza, where do I even begin?!? We love pizza in this house! It's a rare treat because it's so expensive at a restaurant or to get it delivered. Until I discovered this amazing recipe, Fail-Proof Pizza Dough.

I made three batches of this dough for a pizza party we had for my son's 4th birthday. All three batches came out beautifully! In fact, I put half a batch in the fridge over night and used it the next day and it was still perfect. The recipe is super easy, and just like the title, fail-proof. 

Yesterday's creation was a chicken and spinach Alfredo pizza. Make the dough according to directions and let it rise.

While the dough is rising, I prepped the toppings. I just grilled up two chicken breast, no seasoning, and chopped them into small cubes. I also took my fresh spinach and chopped about a 1.5 cups worth. I also made my own Alfredo sauce (recipe here). I used a store bought shredded italian style cheese on the bottom layer and on top of the toppings.



The trick about upside-down cookie sheets instead of a pizza stone really does great!

In a preheated 500 degree oven, our pizza took about 10 minutes. I made two pizzas out of one batch of dough, because our oven isn't big enough for a full batch of dough in pizza form.

Fresh out of the oven here's grub!!


I had just pulled out some carrots from the garden the day before and wanted to do something with them. I ended up just roasting them with some olive oil, and salt and pepper. 


Fresh from the dirt in the garden. Don't worry, they were washed and peeled before we ate :)

Prepped and ready for the oven! No picture of the final product, sorry!

I ended up only using one chicken breast for the two pizzas. The two pizzas (I'd call them medium sized) fed 6 people comfortably. Really easy, really cheap, and it's something I'm proud to make for the family knowing exactly what ingredients went into making it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment