Thursday, May 23, 2013

This week's shenanigans...

This week my awesome sister in law showed me this amazing blog tutorial. A-Frame Pup Tents!!! I had to make this one!! I love power tools:) Tuesday we went out after dinner and looked around Home Depot to get an idea on price.



We had a few changes we wanted to make. In her preschool room these would get a lot of use, so being able to remove the sheet was a must! We decided to replace the bottom wood supports with PCV piping and plastic caps, so the sheet could be unthreaded and thrown in the washer. In a room full of 4 year olds, it's going to be a welcome change!

With every project there were some hiccups. I can't listen, the blog says a 3/4" drill bit would be ok for the project. You would just have to wiggle the bit to widen the whole since 3/4" PCV refers to the inside diameter. Well my sister in law suggested we get a bit that would be the diameter of the outside hole. Which ended up being 1 1/8" however I figured I should just follow the directions and try the 3/4" bit......WRONG!! After going back to Home Depot to get the right bit, I did it again thinking I should get a 1" since I don't want the whole too loose otherwise the frame might not be as sturdy.

Hind sight is always 20/20. Learn from my mistake, and get the 1 1/8" drill bit!! I broke out the power sander to get rid of the splinter hazard. Yay another power tool!! The sheet was just a twin size flat from Walmart. I hemmed it to fit, but neglected to take photos. You'll live ;-)

Check out our finished product!! Claire calls it her "princess castle" so with the little I trimmed off of the flat sheet I tied a bow on it. It's big enough for me to sit inside and have a picnic with the kids. AND it folds flat for storage.

Corbin checking out the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment